To avoid interruption with your curbside bulk collection service, the following rules apply:
- Bulk Trash will be picked up (12) times per year, once per month on your scheduled collection day. Residents, who have a bulk trash pick-up schedule on the fourth (4th) week of the month, please note this may not necessarily be the last week of the month since some months may contain five (5) weeks. Please check your calendar to ensure the correct pick-up date.
- Bulk items include household goods such as couches, chairs, mattresses, tables, appliances (white goods), carpet and padding. It also includes unbundled yard waste such as tree trimmings, branches and palm fronds, lumber, fencing and metal poles no longer than six feet in length (large tree trunks must be cut into half or quarter pieces depending on size not to exceed forty (40) pounds,.
- Place all items for collection within (5) feet of the street by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day to ensure pick-up.
- Bulk items must be placed curbside in a neat and orderly manner.
- Do not place bulk items for collection within three (3) feet of a mailbox, utility pole, vehicle, tree, or other damageable property.
- Bulk waste must be generated by the resident where the bulk is collected. Bulk waste will not be collected if it is generated by anyone other than the resident of the home. Contractor Generated waste will not be collected.
- Unacceptable Bulk Items include: roofing material, tile, concrete, bricks, stones, automotive body parts, engines, transmissions, batteries, used oil, paint, insecticides, chemicals and hazardous waste will not be collected.
- Do not place items in front of a vacant lot or home, they will not be collected. This is considered illegal dumping and subject to prosecution.
- Remodeling your home or performing a cleanup - Waste Pro offers special curbside collection or 10, 20, 30 or 40 yard containers. Call (954) 967-4200 for cost estimate.
- If you experience a “missed pick-up” on your collection day, or have any questions please call Waste Pro at - (954) 967-4200 or call 954-602-HELP (4357).
- For disposal of household appliances containing Freon gas (A/C, refrigerators), the compressor unit must be purged of Freon gas by a certified professional. The release of Freon Gas presents an environmental hazard to the atmosphere. Units not certified and documented as being purged of Freon gas will be picked up for a charge of $25 to the resident. Waste Pro is charged a $25 disposal fee, by Federal law, for units not purged of Freon gas.
- Residents who missed their allocated bulk pick-up date and would like to schedule a special pickup may do so by contacting Waste Pro at 954-967-4200. Please be advised that a charge will apply.