The upcoming Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020) will be in effect January 1, 2021. All permit applications received before that date will be under the current 6th edition (2017) codes. For permit applications submitted on January 1, 2021 and thereafter, all permit applications will be reviewed under the new Florida Building Code 7th Edition (2020)
Follow the steps below when submitting an Online Permit Application:
Locate the Parcel ID (or Folio Number) for your property on the Broward County Property Appraiser website (www.bcpa.net); note it for use during step 4. If you cannot locate your Parcel ID on the BCPA website, please contact us here Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One Step One.
Click the project type from the following list of instructions and prepare all requested documents from the checklist PRIOR to beginning your online application. Note: Not all project types are available online.
|Application Description||Code||Project Type/Instructions|
|Fence (Residential Only)||B300||Fence (PDF)|
|Residential Driveway/Slab/Paver||B320||Slab, Driveway and Paving (PDF)|
|Accessory/Utility Structures||B336||Shed (PDF) or Pergola|
|Residential Roofing||B390||Roofing (PDF)|
|Electrical Work||B410||Service Change (PDF) or other Electrical work|
|Residential Solar Panels||B410||Solar Panels (PDF)|
|Plumbing Work||B420||Sewer Tie-in (PDF), Water Heater (PDF), or other plumbing work|
|Residential Pool/Spa||B350||Pool/Spa (PDF)|
|Mechanical Work||B430||A/C Change Out (PDF)|
|Screen Enclosure||B460||Screen Enclosure (PDF)|
|Doors & Windows (Residential Only)||B480||Doors & Windows (PDF)|
|Canopies/Awnings (Residential Only)||B540||Awnings (PDF)|
Lien Search (Regular Service Only)
|Lien Search (PDF) Please upload Request Form|
*If you are submitting plans that need to be reviewed by FIRE, please submit paper plans in person to the Building Department. Online submittals will not be processed.
- All Generators must be submitted as hard copy.
If you would like to submit any of the following digitally, please email us.
- Re-Works/Corrections (Responses to Building staff comments) - Please include application reference number. Please make sure that digital corrections are resubmitted with the original complete set. This will help reduce a plan reviewers time searching for multiple attachments
- If you are submitting re-works that were originally submitted as large plans, please submit in person at the Building Department.
- Revisions - please include permit number and Revision Cover Sheet (PDF) (ONLY if the master is a digital permit)
- Shop Drawings - Please include Master permit number if its part of a larger project. (ONLY if the master is a digital permit)
- Sub permits - Please include Master permit number if its part of a larger project. (ONLY if the master is a digital permit)
- NEW Permit Not listed above - Please submit in person with wet sealed & signed plans.
Complete and notarize any of the following forms/applications that apply to the project type; save them as PDFs to be uploaded with your online application (Step 4):
|Permit Application (PDF)|
for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical and Other
|Homeowners Association (HOA) Affidavit (PDF)|
Must included with ALL residential applications Opens a New Window.
|Roofing Uniform Application (PDF)|
PLEASE HAVE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS READY FOR UPLOAD IN ONE PDF FILE. (Projects without attachments will be withdrawn, and you will need to reapply)
Be sure to include both owner and contractor emails on the permit application
IMPORTANT: After your application is submitted, you must upload all supporting documents when prompted, please merge into ONE file to upload. All incomplete applications (missing supporting documents) will delay the process.
IMPORTANT: Please do not pay fees until you receive an email from a permit clerk, letting you know to pay and acknowledging that your online application has been processed. Payments made prior to application confirmation will delay the process of your online application.
- Please have document ready to upload at the time you submit, you will not be able to get back into the application to upload once it times out.
- Please do not use the back button, OR refresh the page, this will delay the process.
| Enter Parcel ID (Folio number) without any spaces or dashes, just the numbers
-Leave other fields blank
|Enter Location (House Number) and Street Number or Street Name only
(DO NOT enter Street Direction or Type)
-Leave other fields blank
If you are having issues with entering the phone number:
please choose "
Start your Online Application here. Once the webpage opens, select the project type from the list and then type in your Parcel ID (no spaces) to identify the location for the proposed project.