Follow the steps below when submitting an Online Permit Application:
Locate the Parcel ID (or Folio Number) for your property on the website (); note it for use during step 4. If you cannot locate your Parcel ID on the BCPA website, please contact us here Step One Step One Step One.
Click the project type from the following list of instructions and prepare all requested documents from the checklist PRIOR to beginning your online application. Note: Not all project types are available online.
|Application Description||Code||Project Type/Instructions|
|Fence (Residential Only)||B300||Fence|
|Residential Driveway/Slab/Paver||B320||Slab, Driveway and Paving|
|Electrical Work||B410||Service Change|
|Residential Solar Panels||B410||Solar Panels|
|Plumbing Work||B420||Sewer Tie-in|
|Mechanical Work||B430||A/C Change Out|
|Screen Enclosure||B460||Screen Enclosure|
|Doors & Windows (Residential Only)||B480||Doors & Windows|
|Canopies/Awnings (Residential Only)||B540||Awnings|
Lien Search (Regular Service Only)
|Lien Search Please upload Request Form|
*If you are submitting plans that need to be reviewed by FIRE, please submit paper plans in person to the Building Department. Online submittals will not be accepted.
- Re-Works/Corrections (Responses to Building staff comments) - Please include application reference number.
- If you are submitting re-works that were originally submitted as large plans, please submit in person at the Building Department.
- Revisions - please include permit number and Revision Cover Sheet.
- Shop Drawings - Please include Master permit number if its part of a larger project.
- Sub permits - Please include Master permit number if its part of a larger project.
- NEW Permit Not listed above - Please make sure you include all required documents. Find application packages here If you would like to submit any of the following digitally, please email here ..
Complete and notarize any of the following forms/applications that apply to the project type; save them as PDFs to be uploaded with your online application (Step 4):
|Permit Application Opens a New Window. |
for Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical and Other
|Homeowners Association (HOA) Affidavit Opens a New Window.|
|Roofing Uniform Application Opens a New Window.|
Service Upgrade Diagram
PLEASE HAVE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS READY FOR UPLOAD IN ONE FILE. (Projects without attachments will be withdrawn, and you will need to reapply)
IMPORTANT: After your application is submitted, you must upload all supporting documents when prompted, please merge into ONE file to upload. All incomplete applications (missing supporting documents) will delay the process.
Start your Online Application Opens a New Window. here. Once the webpage opens, select the project type from the list and then type in your Parcel ID (no spaces) to identify the location for the proposed project.
- Please have documents ready to upload at the time you submit, you will not be able to get back into the application to upload once it times out.
- Please do not use the back button, OR refresh the page, this will delay the process.
|Enter Parcel ID (Folio number) without any spaces or dashes, just the numbers
-Leave other fields blank
|Enter Location (House Number) and Street Number or Street Name only
(DO NOT enter Street Direction or Type)
-Leave other fields blank
If you are having issues with entering the phone number:
please choose "