Covid-19 Vaccine and Testing
Be a Vaccine Ambassador
If you’re one of the many, many Broward County residents who has already gotten their vaccine, you can be an ambassador for those that are vaccine hesitant. Share your experience with those who have not had the vaccine. If your family, friends and neighbors don’t have a personal health reason or physician’s recommendation NOT to take the vaccine, help educate them on the safety of the vaccine, and importance of achieving “herd immunity” so all our lives can return to normal. Here are some materials that may be helpful:
- What You Need to Know About COVID-19 in Florida – floridahealthcovid19.gov
- How the Vaccines Work – Department of Health Illustrated Flyer
- How/Where to Get a Vaccination Appointment Be a Vaccine AmbassadorFEMA Announces Funeral Assistance Program Be a Vaccine AmbassadorFEMA Announces Funeral Assistance Program – GetVaccinated.Broward.org
- Frequently Asked Questions – GetVaccineAnswers.org
- Vaccine Product Information – CDC.gov/Vaccines
- Determination of Extreme Vulnerability – Department of Health Physician Form
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- For DOH-Broward, visit FloridaHealth.gov; call 866-779-6121 or eMail COVIDemail@example.com
- For Broward County, visit GetVaccinated.Broward.org; or call COVID-19 Hotline at 954-357-9500
Press Release - Permanent Covid-19 Vaccine Site Opens at Vizcaya Park, Press Release - Spanish Version , Press Release - Creole Version
Municipalities are providing vaccination to vulnerable seniors at 8 municipal “pop-up” sites, including the following cities: Davie, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderhill, Miramar, Oakland Park, Plantation, Pembroke Pines, and Wilton Manors. Additionally, Sunrise and Tamarac, Hollywood and Lighthouse Point have pop-ups operational vaccine sites.
Vaccination is being provided by hospital partners to eligible residents. Schedule through a participating hospital.
Federal Retail Pharmacy Program
To check availability and schedule an appointment with local pharmacies and retail stores, please visit:
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For Broward County, visit Broward.org/Coronavirus; or call COVID-19 Hotline at 954-357-9500.