On Thursday, March 31st, Mr. Gardiner was inducted to the Miramar Wall of Honor posthumously. Mr. Gardiner was represented by his wife and three generations of his family-- who graciously accepted the recognition in his honor and memory. A decorated veteran of the U.S. Navy, John served our city with distinction and honor as a volunteer of the Code Compliance division. Join The City of Miramar in celebrating his life and service to the community.
· John Gardiner was nominated by former Police Chief, Ray Black
· Mr. Gardiner was a Resident for the City of Miramar over fifteen (15 years)
· Mr. Gardiner served in the United States Navy and retired as Chief Warrant Officer after thirty (30) years after distinguished service. Mr. Gardiner’s primary contributions to the community were attributable to his role as a Volunteer for the Code Compliance division.
· He was a mentor to new volunteers and often served as the “eyes and ears” of the community
· He consistently contributed to recurring events such as National Night Out Against Crime, Tip-A-Cop fundraisers, and community outreach programs that benefited children
· He received the “Volunteer of the Year” five (5) times and “Distinguished Volunteer Service of the Year” three (3) times from the Police Department
· Mr. Gardiner was the dutiful President for the Miramar Police Department from its inception in 2004 until his death in March 2014